Welcoming the class of #qmed2025

 Welcoming the class of #qmed2025 with a “Pearl of Wisdom”. Grateful to be part of @QueensUHealth & @KingstonHSC to meet amazing students and teach/practice #PatientCenteredCare.

Approachable

The etymological meaning of approachable is accessible, but it is more than being simply accessible. Being approachable implies the ability to “come near in quality or character, resemble, become similar”…

  • As a physician, I am approachable for my patients. 
  • As an educator, I am approachable for my learners.
  • As part of an academic organization, I am approachable for our support staff and colleagues.




My “Pearl” today, is for you to be approachable for your peers and in a couple of years for your patients, junior students, and future colleagues

Welcome to Queen’s university. I wish you the best on this journey





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctress

They see us